check this out never seen before

Rate this topic

Ok as the title says got an 06 ford 350 6.0 with a blowed egr cooler no big deal. Went to bring the truck in the shop and yes it came in on the hook. Hopped in turned the to start postion and it sounded like a car with a broken timing belt. That zing sound. So i pull the glow plugs and checked compress highest i got was 10 psi. So there for I was thinking bent rods right. Pulled heads off to check for piston protusion and dead on spec. Never seen rings cause this issue before. and they does not want a short block.

Got 'er smoldering hot and torched it?

Antifreeze exited tailpipe, owner drove it 'till it quit.

Pull the oil filter and see if the standpipe is melted.

Got 'er smoldering hot and torched it?

Antifreeze exited tailpipe, owner drove it 'till it quit.

Pull the oil filter and see if the standpipe is melted.

Good thought. Been a while since I have heard of a good meltdown.

Sorry i haven keep updated 6.4s out of the yieg ying all with cracked pistons and damage cylinder walls. It has not been overheated just tons of rust in the cylinders

I  have had this happen a couple times and it was caused by washed out cylinders from coolant entering the engine from the blown egr cooler. I wanna say I cranked the crap out of it and got it to fire, at the time it was one of those "hotline advise" deals

I used to get school buses that had similar issues.  The first one received pistons, rings etc.  Found the rings stuck on the ring lands.  After the first one, I would remove the glow plugs, add a few squirts of oil down the glow plug hole, reinstall the glow plugs, disable the glow plug system, small sniff of ether and they would fire right up.  There were no long term negative effects; I was concerced about the stuck rings causing uneven cylinder wear, pisotn noise etc.  I would typically get a few of these buses towed in in August after they sat for the summer, the wet carbon around the rings would stick the rings and cause the low compression.

Little trick I learned when I was an apprentice. We had a V8 S-10 that the other guy I worked with had bought and it wouldn't start, no compression. Got 'er whirling over and put about 3-4 oz. of automatic trans down the carb while holding the throttle wide open.

Boom. Fired right up. Smoked like hell, but once it cleared out it ran mint.