2001 E-350 7.3 p1294?

Rate this topic

got this van in today, runs like crap, only running on odd bank. had koeo #2,4,6,8 injector high low side circuit codes with idm codes present and p1294. installed uvc harness and gasket. no change other than each individual injector codes. now just getting odtc P1294. and #2,4,6,8 contribution/balance. Ohm tested each injector on that bank. ohm tested wiring, got power to uvc harness, load tested wiring. Pinpoint test is saying replace IDM. anything im missing?

Do you have a test IDM?

I'd be willing to loan you mine if you pay the shipping, and send it back after. to test it before you sell an IDM.

I'm in Ontario, Canada.

Is the IDM full of water?  We used to see tons of them after heavy rains with full IDMs.  Some would barely limp in, others towed.  Pulling the coolant botte out of the way, taking the IDM out and shaking it, you could hear the water sloshing inside.

Big time pattern failure on E-vans, commonly loses a bank when it happens. There's a TSB on a mounting change to keep water from getting in, but an inner tube flap works well too.  How about the buzz test?  I also have a tester if you need it and I'm a lot closer than CA.

:grin:

all buzzes but even bank was weak. Installed new IDM and woolaa everything is all good now. I appreciate all the resposes and offers for a test idm!

• Like 1