6.0 noise when warm

Rate this topic

this is my personal truck 2005 with 203,000 miles,studded, warren injectors, lots of stuff done to it. ect,ect...

been noticing a noise when warm for like 2 months, intermentally. and it goes away. well this weekend I pulled out into the road half throttle, and let off and it was the loudest ive heard it. it went away after a few seconds of idle. its not a knock, its like a chirp/tap. it comes and goes only when warm.

im thinking lifter?

its runs great. new oil cooler in December 2012, new ipr a few months ago because it had a hole in the screen.

what do you guys think?

im going to pull it soon.

I hope the the internals are ok, going with a billet cam and new lifters, possibly new pistons coated and springs/pushrods.

have you replaced the STC fitting ? Have had a couple that were worn enough that would allow the branch tube to flex and hit the rear cover. Not saying it isn't a lifter, but have had these create some interesting harmonics intermittently. Either way, if you havn't replaced it, I would do it while you are in there.