97' F350 with fuse trouble

Rate this topic

Well guys I have one that is causing me a bit of grief. Need some assistance with the schematic more than anything. I have the ford service dvd, but can not find the circuit and fuse number I am having trouble with. Wondering if you guys have a good way of searching for a specific fuse. 

The truck is a 1997 f-350 crew cab lariat with a 7.3 and 5 spd manual. The truck is popping the # 10 fuse( 20 amp maxi) in the power distribution box under the hood. The fuse is labeled Instrument panel fuses: 15 18 and starter relay coil. The truck will crank and run just fine with a new fuse, after approximatley 5 minutes the fuse blows. At this point the odometer stops working, abs light comes on, only noticeable effect until you shut the truck off and than then it wont crank when you try to restart(obviously because the fuse is partially for the starter relay coil).  I guess I am looking for some assistance in in finding the correct part of the schematic I need, and if anybody else has run across something similar before. Thanks guys, I am going to try and find a paper schematic book for reference I have several of these vintage trucks that come to me so would be nice to have.

I go to the table of contents for the specific fuse and then it shows the various branches.

One area of concern on these stick shifts is the wiring just above and beside the clutch pedal. The pedal will rub on the harness as you operate the clutch and give issues.

well the the guy brought the truck in and I finally had a chance to look at the truck.  The added wiring fairy strikes again!!  I was gonna start with verifying the fuse that is popping and I find a very frayed end of wire pushed in with the fuse and strands poking out all over. I removed the wire from the fuse and reinstalled it and no more fuse popping. Thanks for the assistance guys, didnt need the schematic for this one but did spend some time refreshing and working with the program so not a complet loss.