05B27

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

Full Bulletin Announcement!

Customer Satisfaction Program 05B27: Certain 2005 Model Year F-Super Duty Vehicles Equipped with a 5R110 TorqShift Transmission and Snowplow Package - Transmission

Go check it out on FMC Dealer - There are kits involved and labor times are now published. The technical information is 27 pages long, I guess they don't want us to screw up any transmissions!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/readthis.gif

As with the other recall 04B24 I am coming across additional related damage with 05B27 as well. All of the extra damage is related to the reverse piston over extending and causing damage to the return spring assembly. I also had one clutch pack and the pressure plate seize in the case. It's these items that are slowing down the completion of the recalls for me.

Any similar experiences?

I have a 05 f550 2wd in right now with a reverse snap ring that has come out of the groove. Truck has 8900mi on it, and the ring didnt quite cut a hole in the case. Called hotline and they knew of several other instances of 2wd non snowplow trucks having the snap ring come out. They said if the drivers get the trucks stuck and then try to rock them out of the mud, the snap rings will pop out.

Sounds like maybe another recall??????

So fellas, it seems that the recalled units that are "affected" are the ones most likely to fail. Somebody asked me what makes the trucks with the snow plow prep package different and I assumed that there might be different internal parts but I am not sure. I know that the internals are different depending on the engine the truck is built with or at least all other Ford tyranny's have been. This just gets deeper and deeper don't it?!?! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif

Funny you should ask Ed, I have been asked that a few times There is no apparent difference internally having anything to do with the plow package. I fear your suspicions are correct however the only ones failing are the trucks with the plow prep package and they do seem to fail, well, only when plowing or shortly thereafter! It has to be something about the constant forward and reverse shifting that walks that snap ring out.

How do I know? I asked a Hot Line Engineer.Ask questions. Lots of questions guys. When you call the Hot Line about a vehicle concern ask them lots of questions. Those guys love to share information that they feel we are not getting and desperately need. That is their job!