2013 C-MAX Hybrid/Energi /Day light running program

Rate this topic

Autoworker

I have a 2013 c max from usa with no dlr programed in the bcm  

the manual said

NOTE: The DRL is a programmable parameter for this vehicle. but with ids cannot find a way  .should I be able to program bcm with a as built date from a Canadian Vehicle that has the dlr .

DOES ANY ONE HAVE A IDEA HELP PLS

Comment From: Ford  Comment Date: 11/25/2013 12:14:20 PM
Terry,
At this time there is not a supported procedure to enable the DRL's on this vehicle through the BCM.

It is recommended to seek alternative options to install DRL's on this vehicle. 

Be careful programming it with the as built from another vehicle.  If the option content isn't exactly the same you could run into problems.  PM me the VIN and I will look into it tomorrow.

The as built on these cars doesn't have the ability to change the DRL setting.  It is possible through other methods but it looks like IDS doesn't have the ability to enable it. Maybe it is a feature that is coming.......

I was being purposefully nondescriptive because I don't know why IDS won't reconfigure the options correctly.  I ended up emulating that vehicle with IDS.  It looks like the option exists and it will let you select the change but apparently it doesn't properly execute the command. It might be on purpose or maybe the program has some bugs.

As built in the way you are traditionally used to using it doesn't really apply in this case.  It is more like flashing a new cal.  Once/If IDS starts doing it correctly it will probably be transparent to the average user but it is much more complex(in this case).  You probably won't be able to grab a VIN from a similar vehicle and use that "as built" data like some of you have been doing.

I don't know what you are referring to with the Mustangs but as far as I know, the correct data is being generated for Canadian bound vehicles.  The problem only appears when you try to change one of those options after the fact with IDS.

We were buying a lot of 05ish mustangs at the dealer I was at from the USA. We'd put in a hotline contact and they would send us revised as built data with DRL enabled as long as you sent them the RIV number, as the option wasn't "enable disable" in IDS like some models are.

I think it's done that way with a toggle now. As opposed to having to totally reconfigure the module.