47 pounds of boost....

Rate this topic

Has any one run into overboost issues on the 6.7L yet? One of our fleets has a 2012 F550 that will intermittently get up to 47 PSI boost on heavy accelleration from 1500 RPM. They have swapped the MAP sensor and VGT solenoid from another truck, replaced the turbo and it still does it. No overboost codes ever surface. They even went as far as deleting all the emmissions to eliminate any EGR or exhaust issues. I did instruct them to make sure they are reseting the adaptive tables 1 at a time with a 3 minute key off each time. He is going to keep me informed of his progress.

On the older engines a clogged/bad EBP can cause this.......

:grin:

I know the 6.7l don't use the EBP as a direct input for turbo control, Coffee table book has it's function as a monitor for the EGR system only, but I am sure I told them to check that too awhile ago. The boost gauge on the dash was the original reference for the high boost. For roadtests he has a little hand held scanner than can show pids. Now obviously he is using the tuner read-out, but it was doing it before any deletes were done.