Future tech

Rate this topic

nelsona19

Like the drivers aren't bad enough because of poor instructors with less than honourable morals. When the system fails, nobody will be around to park the car because they either didn't need to learn or forgot how to. Besides, if YOU can't get out of your vehicle because the spot is too small, what about the poor guy YOU parked beside. If that happened to me I would have no problems putting a nice dent in the other guys door because HE was a moron to begin with. This self parking tech is pure CRAP. :soapbox:

First thing that came to my mind is the self-righteous asshole that can't figure out what those lines on the ground are for. (I think some of those people are the ones that think "handicap parking only" means "leave empty shopping carts here" - don't get me started). Once people start doing things in a courteous and responsible fashion..... just maybe. 

As for collision avoidance systems - now Alberta has a distracted driving law - and you still see dozens of texters driving around.

I'm all for anything that will help mitigate the human condition.

I wont go quite so far as recommending eugenics, but I can't say I haven't given it thought.

I've used two statements over and over in my life at various times. One is "did your folks have any kids that lived?" and the other "your momma should have ate you while your bones were still soft".

Face it, we've all met people that eugenics laws would target.

My wife and I are currently in Edmonton (time for MRI and CT scan). Last evening I had to empty nearly ten carts out of the handicap stall so I could park (yes, we have the proper tag)

"If we git a deevorce, duz that mean ya wont be mah sister anymore?"