Does oil life monitor use eng hours?

Rate this topic

I have a 13 with 14000 miles on odometer. The engine has 2406 hours and 1980 at idle. We have records of only two oil

changes and window sticker is ours. It came in as a starts and dies. When trying to start the starter was laboring and so was engine when it was running. I started it twice and now engine is locked. If am correct oil should be changed every 250hrs the it should going on 10th oil change. If the intelligent oil life monitor reads and uses hour then oil change light should have been going off. If that is the case then the customer has been either ignoring light or turning it off. If engine should not be warranty because of lack of maintenance. 

You can go in with IDS and check how many times the Oil change warning has been reset. I believe it can be found in Datalogger, but not sure. I was told it takes into account idle hours for the calculation, but how much of an effect it has on the calculation is unknown.