Early HPOP Failures

Rate this topic

I finally got some new photos of some swash plate style HPOP's showing some scuffing between the swash plate and the pump body - pics 1 & 2. Then at the bottom is the good 'ol cracked rotating cylinder block.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Beleive it or not I have yet to run into that problem.

I have not had one in quite some time but I have had several in the past. Actually I have just fielded a couple phone calls from other techs that described the typicall ball loss recently. I beleive they ended up finding that was the case when they tore it down.

• 4 weeks later...

There's a reason that ball blows out, it doesn't just fall out but it's caused by a reversal of pump flow some how.  Mike had a link posted somewhere to another forum where a guy disassembled a swash pump and pointed out all it's shortcomings/downfalls. 

Looking for the link right now. 

Anyone ever notice that there is always a jar of Vaseline close by in a lot of Aaron's pictures?

I wish I still had that big coffee mug.

How did we make the jump from Vaseline to coffee? You may no longer have the mug but you still keep Vaseline handy? I guess everyone has their priorities. :D