Broadcast Message 6363

Rate this topic

Jim Warman

A new flash due mid November that promises to stop us from having to replace injectors....

Anyone heard any rumours???

I just posted about it yesterday it Must have gotten wiped out when Keith changed the Boards LOL!! I dont see it now.I saw it on International NETS on Friday while programming another tk It was just released by International on Thur the 19th.What it adresses: Hard cold start/Rough running/Missfires,White smoke.What it does:Now after any Key-off engine shutdown it will cycle the Injector spool Valves for thirty seconds to drain the Oil out.They refer to this as"Cleaning them"... .They also state about us telling the customer about its charecteristics so they dont freak out.Meaning when you are outside of the tk walking away from it and Hear the spool valves Buzzing under the Hood Not to be alarmed because this is what is happening.I would imagine Ford will be releaseing there Version soon.Any VT-365 or VT-275 built before 10-19-06 is eligible for this.

Quote:
They refer to this as"Cleaning them"... .They also state about us telling the customer about its characteristics so they don't freak out.Meaning when you are outside of the tk walking away from it and Hear the spool valves Buzzing under the Hood Not to be alarmed because this is what is happening

Yeah, they BETTER tell the customer or more importantly US! You know how some of these people are. One little noise and it's panic time and onto the Internet they go... Just say BOO and some might think their trucks were possessed! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

By the way Scott, glad to see ya made it back. You and Jim snuck in to the old forums and made a post while I temporarily had it open... and yes, I deleted those multiple posts for ya. You only need to click the submit button once! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I just saw on the FMCdealer message center that this Wednesday, they will have a show at 1pm on the cold injector spool valve sticking and the cycling of the spools after key off.

Buddy

Quote:
In this edition of Diesel Talk Live, the Diesel Team will be reviewing the 6.0L Recalibration for Cold Injector Spool Valve Sticking. This new calibration cycles the injectors after the key is turned off. Special customer handling is required to demonstrate the injector cycling sound. A Question and Answer session will follow the presentation. Please plan on attending this important broadcast.

PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS

Date: Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Time: 1:00 – 3:00pm ET

RE-BROADCAST DATES
The Diesel Talk Live 6.0L – Recalibration for Cold Injector Spool Valve Sticking will be re-broadcast on the following dates and times:

Thursday, October 26 5:00pm - 7:00pm ET
Tuesday, October 31 9:00am - 11:00am ET
Wednesday, November 1 6:00pm - 8:00pm ET
Thursday, November 2 11:00am - 1:00pm ET
Tuesday, November 7 7:00pm - 9:00pm ET
Wednesday, November 8 3:30pm - 5:30pm ET

© Copyright 2006, Ford Motor Company

True to form, we will have to wait a while to see this TSB.... We're often up to a week behind on getting this stuff.

We couldn't even get Powerstroke Central for the first while since it isn't available in French...

Makes me wonder if the delay for us getting it is while they are waiting to get it translated....

Did you guys read the TSB? Econolines need a wiring modification that allows the FICM to power itself down. This requires us to rip into the main harness, OH JOY! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rotz.gif The TSB includes a "Customer Information Sheet" that describes what is going on with their truck after it shuts down. At least the Service Advisors will get away with not knowing what they are talking about: "Here, have a hand-out and have a nice day!"

The TSB was released for Canada early this afternoon and I performed my first recal soon after.... The noise is fairly evident from inide the cab and very noticeable with the hood open....

If your IDS is at 45.9 (updated one of ours before the reflash), you can do it already. Important to note, though.... when you go into module reprogramming, select FICM..... selecting PCM will tell you that there is no later calibration available. And I had a lucky guess (I like to think of it as an epiphany) since hotline would have already been closed.

This truck was flagging four cylinders on the power balance this AM and we expect it to dip below freezing zgzin tonight.... Truck is staying here so I"ll be able to give some early impressions....

Usually... October is busy schmoozing us into winter. We don't normally get snow until Hallowe'en but it came two weeks early this year... and is just about all melted.

Now... come January, we usually have a week straight (at least) of about -40... sunset is around 3:45 or so....

• 4 weeks later...

I APOLOGIZE!!! I justed posted a question about this. Now after reading through the posts, it's a HUGE relief to know I didn't do anything wrong. Those are the jobs you get on a Friday afternoon, at about 4:00pm ready for the weekend LOL.

Relax Mike! Or is it Michael? Look around at some posts, use the search feature and ask any question you might have. We help each other in this forum! I get the impression that we need to get you up to speed being the only diesel guy in your shop... and congrats for being the first from the recent Canadian invasion to "jump in!"

Glad to see you in the "trenches", Mike.... You wont see any "coat or money" kinds of threads, here..... nor will you see "attitude" like someone hell bent on unionizing....

Not sure what you're apologizing for, but it must be good for a coffeebreak chuckle.... c'mon, you can tell us... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/poke.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif