6.4 Emissions Removal

Rate this topic

This is a particular rare case for me. I typically do not support the removal of anything emissions related for the obvious reasons we have all delt with in the past(warranty, EPA yada yada yada). I have a customer with a 2008 F350 that is a service vehicle for the airport tram system. Its modified to be driven on the tracks and can not be removed from them unless being lifted straight up in the air thus why it cant get to a shop for normal service or repairs. The vehicle has never even been registered, governed at 10mph and doesn't even have a steering wheel. As you can expect its having regen issues, looking at the tailpipe its full of soot which we all know what that means. This is probably the cause of the tailpipe being cut and moved to just behind the dpf and it not being capable of actually doing a regen(remember never been programed so no low speed regen). We are also rebuilding/modifying the over engineered axle/rail system they have. Normally I would rather avoid what most likely will be a headache however this has the potential to be a very lucrative venture for us which is why Im willing to take it on.

I need to put together a kit to remove the DPF,DOC, both EGR coolers and valve. The hardparts seem to be easier to find then the programming. Seems there are alot less options out there for programming now that the EPA has been pee pee spanking those who use these items on the road. I do not need added power and actually need to make sure its still governed at 10mph so all I need is a calibration to not look for the emissions components. Any recommendations for company's that offer this or willing to do a custom program?

correction.....I was informed this was a 2008 and in fact its a 11/09 built via the actual vin tag. Calibration level would be as it was from new still and would have never been updated.

What if you could get your hands on the VIN, Tear Tag or PCM part Number for an export vehicle or one of those military trucks? Maybe manually start an IDS session and reprogram it that way?  I have wondered if that could be done. I recall our discussion  some time ago about those short Super Duty trucks at the air bases and the pictures of the missing coolers, EGR and aftertreatment components. Looked really odd.

I dont have access to those military tugs now that I am away from the dealer. I might be able to grease a couple of my old coworkers to get me a vin at least. Tear tag would have to wait until one of those things rolled through the shop which is not very often. I am also curious if I could buy those particular parts as well however aftermarket might be alot easier, cheaper and quicker in the end

• 1 month later...

This is in process for anyone that cares, I still owe some pictures of this turd however as its a interesting one that still makes me go wtf every time I see it

For those keeping score at home, high sulfur trucks when you enter the VIN and double click it at the top left of oasis it will show the tear tag but it shows a 50 state calibration. It is to my understanding the export calibration is loaded after the fact.

It's a real pain in the groin area to find, but I did some IDS disassembly and found all the export tags for 6.4 and 6.7 and they are definitely not the tags that are on oasis for any of the export vins that I have located online.

• 2 months later...

With the help of those that shall remain nameless I got this turd handled. Figured you guys might like some pictures of this mess....

Posted Image

Posted Image