Help please

Rate this topic

I want to work on. 6.0s help is what are the tools I need beside the basic hand tools and where to get them and what books for my bookshelf please help thank you very much

No amount of reading materials will make you expert on diesel engines.

You are better off by working next to diesel techs and listen what they have to say.There are tools available on tool truck and online but we cannot tell you what to buy, you need to figure out what tools you need by working on diesel.Approx 60% of tools I have are made by me, example,,,heated and bent craftsman wrench  to  90* angle, it is to  loosen and tighten HPOP cover bolts..

I want to work on. 6.0s help is what are the tools I need beside the basic hand tools and where to get them and what books for my bookshelf please help thank you very much

Are you still working at the dealer? FMC dealer.com has ALL of the service information you could possibly need including tool numbers as far as special service tools are concerned.

Whatever you do, use credible sources for your information.

Shop manuals, ford training, other experienced techs, this site, etc.

YouTube, Internet forums, powerstrokehelp.com, inexperienced technicians, etc, are not places to learn about the 6.0.

• 3 weeks later...

there is a thread on here of tools, tips and tricks I think on 6.0 stuff check it out

I know buying a ipr socket helps a lot, and before snapon made them I cut down a long t40/t45 socket to the measured length to get at injector hold downs easier.  I also have the lisle phneumatic fan clutch kit, it breaks them off usually quickly and saves your knuckles