2012 Ford Focus 2.0 GDI No Crank

Rate this topic

DocRufo

Good Morning,

I've got a real toughy here. 2012 Focus 2.0 GDI intermittent No Crank/No Start. The starter relay will not click and the solenoid will not click. Battery ok, all TSB's and SSM's checked. Only fault code is in the BCM B10E5:15 PCM Wakeup signal open or short to battery. Any common issues anyone has ran into? The wiring diagram for this PCM Wakeup signal is very vague and the PCM connector is such a PITA to get to that by the time I've got access to the PCM connector the engine will start fine again. I wasn't even sure if this circuit was the issue or not so I depinned it from the BJB and the concern still occurs intermittently like I did nothing. I no longer have access to running a hotline request or the FMCdealer forums as I'm a Ford technical instructor now.

Any help would be appreciated!

Chris - I honestly haven't tried overlaying the wire. It's a real pain to get to the PCM on this car and Id have to run the wire through the firewall. I would try overlaying but I don't think the wire has intermittent fault - I depinned the wire and ran the car for a week without having the circuit in place. The code still came back as a CMDTC and it still was behaving the exact same way - intermittent no crank/delayed crank. I believe I've tested the circuit completely enough where I know it's not a circuit fault. I may try overlaying it anyway this weekend.

Tony - I checked the grounds previously due to an SSM or TSB recommending that. Also recommended checking a battery cable connection in the high current fuse box which was also ok. I spoke to a local ford dealer parts department. The BCM has had its part number superseded something like 6 times and he's sold 8 BCMs in the last 6 months. I know that doesn't mean much but it does make me more confident it is probably the BCM.

Thanks for the help. A friend of mine is contacting and an FSE to see I can get some more info on this circuit. Like what PIDs I should be reading.