6.0L Intake to front cover "donut"

Rate this topic

mchan68

Those of you who desire getting just the intake to front cover rubber "donut" without having to buy a whole bunch of un-needed parts to go with it, can do so if you go to your nearest Navistar dealer and ask for part number 1836551C1. Just thought I would pass this along.

I still have a bunch laying around in my gasket and seal pot-luck box. Those o-rings come in several different gasket/seal kits. When I was doing a lot of engines and reseals they started to pile up. I think I even threw away a bunch of them.

• 11 months later...

I discovered this recently. I believe it's for an LCF EGR cooler but its dimensionally identical to the black 6.0 o-ring. I would guess it could be used in place of the black o-ring if needed.  I'll try it out and see.  I know I got one of these o-rings once in an International branch tube adapter kit (STC) which fit the 4.5L also.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ya know, the only times I've ever seen the black donut fail, it was because fuel was getting in to the cooling system. Of all the rubber components on the 6.0, this seems to be the least tolerant of fuel.

Anytime I find a coolant leak from there I take a good look (and smell) of the radiator cap. Usually followed by the sale of a cylinder head or two.