6.7 Live PTO Option

Rate this topic

Hey Guys:  This is a 6.7 run stand. Is the PTO plate on the left side of this trans the live PTO option?  I have other pics of a trans in a truck that does not have this plate.

Thanks!

Posted Image

Yes, that is the PTO mounting. Live drive or stationary is merely dependent on how the PCM is wired for PTO operation.

Does anyone have pictures of this PTO setup disassembled in any way?  It sounds like it's driven off the TCC so the PCM can disengage it if the tranny overheats.

Here is a good bulletin explaining SEIC and PTO operation on 6.7s.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/TRUCKBBAS/non-html/Q180R4.pdf

Thank You!

:grin:

Was going to copy a picture from our WSM but was not sure if it was okay to do so. Basically the PTO drive gear is part of the fluid pump, it is driven by the torque convertor hub(same part that drives the pump gears) and is turning when ever the engine is running. Installers need to make sure the PTO can handle the engine output stated in the article. Weaker pumps may be damaged. If the transmission overheated it will do what it needs to protect the transmission, but the PTO would have to be dis-engaged by the operator.

I have yet to see a live drive setup. Everything we get has been a stationary function for obvious reasons. I know the pumps used in that application couldn't handle to hp/tq stated in the article