Grampy update

Rate this topic

Jim Warman

Tough day today. I don't go to funerals because I can't stand losing people. But I had to go to this one. Anyone who has ever met Jim or even gotten to know him well as many of you have on these forums knows just how influential he was on ever bodies life. I am forever grateful or having worked with Jim. The funeral was awesome hearing all the stories about Jim and his ways and his famous sayings.

Did anyone know he was shot by one of buddies years ago at a kitchen table while drinking whiskey and horsing around with a gun. That's Jim alright. I remember his story about the time he had too much to drink and a couple of blocks away from his home he pulled up to a red light on his bike with the cops behind him. He did a test book stop with no wobbles and was quite proud he wasn't weaving all over the road. But he forgot to put his feet down and fell over. The cops helped him up and made sure he got home . That was Jim. Man that guy had stories.

• 1 month later...

I was thinking about him a few days ago; a little scared to come here and check on how he's doing.

I consider myself lucky to be influenced by him.  There were times when I was unsure how to do something with a vehicle and I would think to myself, 'What would Jim Warman do?'  Because he always seemed to do the 'right thing', not necessarily and almost never the 'easy thing'.

He will be missed...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...