93 idi fuel return

Rate this topic

Yep. I HATE bio-goo!!!!! All that stuff does is cause problems. It completely trashed the fuel system in my own truck(guy I bought it from ran the crap). I have several customers that have run the stuff and the rubber fuel lines have turned to mush. The stuff should be outlawed. Not to mention you walk by the vehicle with an ice cream cone and it is gelled up.

Larry, I think that the major problem with bio-diesel that its composition and quality can vary because there is no standard for it's production and classification. I would try to discover the source of the fuel those guys are using. If there are people making home brew you never know what is in it. This is similar to many things I have read about ULSD fuel affecting rubber seals in older engines.

Fortunately I have yet to run into a single problem related to bio-diesel that I know of.

Well, let's think about this. If there are chemicals in the fuel that are attacking the fuel lines (rubber components) you need to consider all of the system's parts. A few that come to mind are the rubber supply hose at the fuel lift pump, the lift pump itself, the injection pump, any other rubber hoses in the supply line and tank pick-up. I doubt that all of those parts are made from the same type of rubber and not all rubber seals and hoses will be affected. I was reading up on the new ULSD and there was some concern that chemicals in it would attack some seals in older diesels. You are not likely to know until there is a problem. They key is going to be to know that it was the fuel that caused it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif That goes for both BIO and ULSD fuel.

So with all that said, if it were my truck or customer I would look it over real good like, stop using BIO and run it for a while and see how it goes.

Does that sound like a reasonable train of thought?

Sorry about that 1st post, Had brain fade or a blond moment and a lack of common sense. I see everything you've said and I know better. We are having the customer come in for a good inspection of both his trucks. Thanks for the wake up call.