Late build 04 6.0 no start

Rate this topic

I have a 04 6.0 I have tried everything to diag it but I'm lost this truck will not start with the icp sensor plugged in if u unplug it the engine fires right up lots of power the sec u pug the sensor back in truck stalls any ides guys?

This suggests the ICP sensor is bad - I have seen quite a few BIASED sensors that read okay when checking ICP voltage KOEO. If this truck were in my bay and I have no DTC's or obvious concerns to go by I would spin a new ICP sensor in it and see what happens.

Is there any misfire? I just had one that had a shorted coil in #6 injector. ICP plugged in, no start. Unplug it, it starts ok. Plug it in while running, It'd kill it. What the correlation was, I have no idea. But replace the injector, all is OK.

• Like 1

Ditto on the injector, saw the exact same complaint with several new ICPs, harness, FICM and PCM.   It failed the buzz test and was a shorted injector. Run the buzz, it will probably bail out.  Unplug injectors until it completes the test.......

:grin:

• Like 1

Sorry guys I was going on vacation and just need this one done before I left but you guys were right it was a injector I unplugged cylinder number three fired right up. I kick myself in the butt the next day I jest went in plugged everything in ran koeo there was the injector code!!!!