LCF rear axle seals same as an F-450/F-550?

Rate this topic

Matt Saunoras

I need some F-550 rear axle seals and I seem to remember someone on here posting one time that the LCF seals are the same.  I cannot for the life of me find that post though.

Can anyone confirm?  I'm showing BRS-110 (backorder) as 450/550 and BRS-127 as LCF.  I'm looking up both for an 07 if it matters.

If the seal number is CR 47860, then you can use kit 5C3Z 1S175 BA. The kit comes with 2 seals, 2 speedi sleeves, locktite and a speedi sleeve installer.

I remember the kit was from a ssm about leaking mid 2000's F450 and F550 axle seals. Last time I checked there was not much stock left in the system.

If the seal number is CR 47860, then you can use kit 5C3Z 1S175 BA. The kit comes with 2 seals, 2 speedi sleeves, locktite and a speedi sleeve installer.

I remember the kit was from a ssm about leaking mid 2000's F450 and F550 axle seals. Last time I checked there was not much stock left in the system.

Some technical info here:

http://www.northerndrivetrain.com/product/SPI-47860.html

• 7 months later...

I forgot to quote axle seals on the last rear brake job I did on an F-550 so I took a chance and put in the much cheaper BRS-127.  Worked just fine, we'll see how it holds up.

BRS-110 = 5C3Z-1S175-GA cost is $39.45, list $65.75ea

BRS-127 = 6E7Z-1177-AA cost is $14.68, list $24.47ea

• 2 months later...

I am going to try and use 5C3Z 1S175 BA seal kit to repair the seal surface on a Dana 80(606778-12). This axle has the bigger hubs and uses the BRS-110 seals. Ford has a TSB 05-12-4 and so does Dana S110 Spedi Sleeve Bulletin.pdf on repairing a S110 axle with this kit.

Has anyone used or know if this kit will work on a Dana 80?

So that kit will work on a Dana 80

kit.jpg installed.jpg

Speedi Sleeve is .829 high, seal surface is .75 of that height. Notice how the sleeve starts right after the taper.

On a side note I am putting a pinion seal in a 08' S110 and I ordered the nut(130542) and seal(127591) from Spicer. Ford wanted almost $70.00 just for the nut. I also ordered this seal driver http://www.drivetrainamerica.com/p-14155-217414-eaton-spicer-seal-install-kit.aspx to install the pinion seal, it worked great. The kit came with a 126917(pinion seal installer) and a 128706

I didn't find it found me :lol: I don't remember if it had 10 lug nuts but I don't think so. I know there was 10 rear rotor to hub bolts. This is for a long time customer, I had told them that I didn't want to do any work on this truck that requires it to be hoisted since it weights 11,700. Well the shop that was doing the stuff that required a hoist changed hands, so guess who was dumb enough to say "well if you can't find anyone else I guess I will do it" :banghead:

I have one 12k hoist so I did it on the floor. I really don't think my next hoist will be any bigger since I dislike heavy truck work, I get tried just handling the tools :)