PPT KA8 for 6.7L ??

Rate this topic

Can someone please verify that I am not going senile. Go into PPT KA for any MY 6.7L F250-550. proceed through the PPT until you reach KA8. Does KA8 make any sense? They ask for a vacuum reading after the wastegate actuator solenoid, which would require a gauge to be installed and the engine running while manipulating wastegate DC, but instead they ask you to install a hand vacuum pump and apply vacuum to the actuator itself. I am thinking they had a major brain fart and missed an entire section of text.

Wait nevermind.  Now I'm confused.

Okay, so the name of the pinpoint test seems to not accurately describe the actual test.  I don't think they actually want you checking the vacuum output from the wastegate solenoid because that has nothing to do with the test result options.

All you would do is hand pump the wastegate open and record at which vacuum it starts to move. 

Honestly I think they missed a step in there or didn't change the title of KA8 because they added a new step instead.  KA9 seems like a new test as I don't remember ever doing it before. 

I see that now, they have the titles messed up. If you follow it to KA10 it does eventually lead to solenoid replacement. It must be the course that is messed up.