Heat Shield for EP sensor

Rate this topic

Anyone had to replace one of these yet? I got a 2014 F-550 with a faulty EP sensor. During removal, I noted that the heat shield that goes around the connector is missing and my pigtail has melted the plastic. My parts guy can't located it. Any ideas?

Last 8 of Vin & base number of sensor would make it easier for me to try and find it with FCA. :)  Looking @ the 6.7 coffee table book, the EP sensor RR of engine, that just looks like some split loom with shiny tape.

Vin-1FD0W5HTXEEA18036  Base # on EP sensor is 9J460  . It's not quite like split loom, its more of a form foam with reflective insulating tape with an plastic clip to center it on the harness. If I can't find it though, it looks like I'll use some split loom and insulating tape. Just trying to see if I could find it separate from a harness due to the fact that this repair is under warranty.

GM uses something similar on one of their engines, I am drawing a blank right now :chinrub2:

I should have a chance later on today to do some more digging.....If you put a GM part # on a Ford warranty claim..... :haha2:

• 2 years later...

I had to replace a EP sensor pigtail (code P0471) wire insulation had been rubbed by the heat sleeve plastic fingers. This what I used https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Y7F11K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Under the foil tape was a black liner that may have been fiberglass/carbon fiber???

I just used the Polyken tape. I also ordered in some Coroplast 1238x it has a black liner but I decided not to use that.

Tape.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...