2013 Ford F-150 Loss of steering assist (EPAS)

Rate this topic

mchan68

This isn't so much of a question as much as it is an observation, but it's the second such vehicle I've had in with almost identical concerns. BOTH have also had the ABS system flagging C1300 ABS Pump Motor Circuit Failure DTCs set as well. Checking the main ABS module connector on both, revealed getting B+ and B- on both the main circuits. The pinpoint test would have you replace the ABS module based on this right? WRONG. The first truck ended up with the main 125A maxi fuse replaced which repaired both the lack of assist as well as the hard C1300 in the ABS. The second, the one I got today also set a U2101 in the SCCM along with turn signals inoperative. This one turned out to be a much simpler fix. Re-connect the main heavy gauge two-wire connector to the EPAS motor. Apparently the customer drove over a very hard bump when this happened. Just throwing this out there to anyone who happens to run into this. Not really sure how the EPAS ties into the ABS.

I honestly don't remember Mike. Sales brought it in and I pretty much already knew what they did. Truck was sold, mad rush, I swapped fuses from another unit and cleared the codes quickly.

Mine did nothing to the ABS module. Mine had intermittent network codes for lack of communication with the PSCM. They would set as the melted solder/element in the 125a fuse constantly lost and then regained continuity. On that one I re and re the fuse, cleared codes and sent it on its way with detailed instructions on how to boost start from the proper lug.