New Guy here

Rate this topic

DamageINC

Hey everyone - I'm new here as of today. Glad to fin d aplace like this.

I'm 24 and have worked as a Ford tech for 5 years now, mainly speciailzing in gas driveability/electrical, and basically anything but auto trans.

About a year ago I was asked if I'd be interested in working with the Diesels, and of course I said "yes" and nwo here I am. Still consider myself very green in the grand scheme of things, always have lots to learn, and I'm hoping that I can pick up no some great info here as well.

I am basically the heavy-engine repair guy for the diesels in the shop (and one of 2 diesel techs) as I'm the only one who took the time to figure out how to de-cab the Super Duty's. I have a pretty comfy understanding of the 6.0 and 7.3 as far as diag & repair goes, but know nothing of the 4.5 or 6.9 or any of the CAT engines, as we don't work on the LCF/650/750's at our dealership.

Anyway, don't want to talk everyones ear off so I'll just shut up now. Thanks though!

Dave

Dave, welcome to the DTS and don't worry about talking too much. There are too many members that don't post at all and my philosophy is that there is no such thing as a stupid question.

As for the 4.5L it is not far removed from the 6.0L but there are some differences that are important. You will need the MD Truck software for diagnosis as well as a few special harness jumpers.