Keys by VIN after 10 years?

Rate this topic

Buddy_M

There's only a few guys here that I possibly expect to know this answer. My nephew has a 2005 F150. Over Christmas his coat was stolen with his truck key, so he hasn't been able to move it in over a week now(doesn't even have a spare key). The dealers always stated even when I worked in the dealer that it was only available for 10 model years. NASTF and the motorcraft page says its available back to 97/98. So through FMC is it restricted from dealers at a point or do most just choose not to want to bother with them after a certain age.

I don't have direct answer for your question but if it is an '05 it's just now 10 years old anyway. Also a locksmith or someone with a LSD license could get you the key code from motorcraft.com

All the keys I get cut @ the dealer go through parts and we all know how ambitious some parts personal can be. :)

With the 2015 coming out, the dealers here all shut down at 2006 now with their notices. I'll be either calling or visiting their parts department tomorrow hopefully to find out info straight from them. Running the VIN on motorcraft shows its available, but I'm thinking its possibly an ambition issue as well, I don't see how it could be a liability issue as he has all the paperwork I told him he would need to present.