valve cover wedge part#?

Rate this topic

having a really hard time finding a part number for the valve cover wedge that keeps the inside of the injector Harness from backing out of the valve cover connector.

anyone know what the part # is?

I thought it was a TSB back in the day but I cant find that either 

thanks

Chris

Don't use it with a new harness, you will break the tab off(Done it myself). The new harness has a raised part under the tab so these aren't needed. However if I come across a truck with a loose harness, I quote for a new harness. Hard to say if the pin sockets are worn as well and still may present a problem to the customer after a short time.

yah that wedge is not for the inside of the valve cover. another tech had the proper wedge in his goodies bin and I was able to use that one to repair the vehicle. I had the parts guy run the number on the picture Matt posted and the cpu says the part is discontinued and was not replaced by another part so im not sure how you would get a hold of a wedge anymore? perhaps they want us to replace the inside harness and gasket as the fix