14e03....drive to clean message.

Rate this topic

lmorris

Let the fun begin. We all know by now Ford admitted there is an issue on some of the trucks. Here is the latest response after not being able to clear the message.

In many cases it is found that the Regeneration Cycle only needs to be driven through. This can usually only be completed by driving the vehicle at sustained speeds for a period of time over 40 minutes.

During this time the EGTs should be reaching temperatures that will allow the Regeneration Cycle to complete.

If after the SCR and DPF Parameters have been reset and the vehicle is driven the Drive-To-Clean Message does not clear, it would be recommended to replace the PCM. Do not import the old session or data from the original PCM.

Refer to the Module Programming and Reprogramming Job Aid located in the online PTS Service Tips Tab.

- Start a normal session with the IDS.

- Select NO when the IDS prompts to verify the VIN and vehicle information.

- Enter the Tear Tag information located in the As-Built Tab of PTS into the IDS to correctly identify the vehicle.

- When the session is started, Module Programming should automatically begin. If it does not, select Programmable Module Installation (PMI) from the IDS menu and select PCM.

- Road test to verify repair after the PCM programming is completed.

If the concern is no longer present no further repairs are necessary.

I think they ran into the same scenario as the ones that got stuck in idle only mode. It took them awhile to figure out how to clear them too without replacing the PCM. 

If the truck is equipped to perform operator commanded regen, use that and not IDS. It has been the only successful regen for me so far.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone just tried clearing the DPF tables?  I believe I read an SSM stating to do so if this message appears after the recall has been performed. 

Yep.....Manual regen and reset DPF, never gotten one to clear the way the  SSM says. Tried an IDS manual regen and DPF reset on one truck 3 times before I gave up and gave it back to the customer. He drove it for 3 days before it cleared. Performed forced regen through the cluster on one and was successful. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ive had 2, first one took 6 attempts to regen with IDS before successful, should have read this thread first.  Second one I still have in the shop, has a P249C after another dealer flashed the 14E03, couldn't get a successful regen so Hotline said to chase the code.