DPF thefts

Rate this topic

Alex Bruene

I suppose the price of scrap precious metals must be pretty good.  I got a call from a fleet I service on Friday morning.  As it turns out, overnight Thursday to Friday, they had 4 DPFs chopped off in their parking lot.  I visited to assess the vehicles so I knew what needed to be ordered, as to get them back on the road A.S.A.P.  While I was visiting, I spoke with the police officer who was responding to the call.  Apparently this is a big thing in the big city, with DPF thefts occurring on a daily basis.   Close to $25,000 in repairs when all was said and done.  I hope this gets shut down as quickly as it started!

Posted Image

My dealership got hit in December, they stole 12 stock unit dpfs and 1 customers, all together it was right around 75,000$

Had this happen to one of our dodge trucks in las vegas about a year ago. They hit it when it was parked in from of the employees house overnight. It was 1 of 10 or so trucks that got hit that night around town.

They actually unbolted everything and unplugged the sensors so it was not some tweaker looking for a quick buck at the scrap yard. Betting it got resold somewhere.