6.7 LONGER THAN NORMAL CRANK TIME

Rate this topic

anybody run into this issue yet. 2011 6.7 cab and chassis f350. longer than normal cranking time.

p0087 low fuel pressure stored. ran all pinpoint test checks, found no issues. truck runs great, 230,000

miles. removed fuel pressure control valve and volume control valve, no contamination, good clean

fuel in tank- tank and low pressure pump replaced 15000 miles ago for delamination. replaced both

vcv and pcv and still have same issue. fails high pressure fuel system test every time. im a little fuzzy

on the cylinder balance pids. pinpoint test asks if they are relatively close to each other. all 8 are between

+/- 0.00 and 0.02, that seems pretty close to me. relative compression and power balance look great. Im

wondering if high pressure pump is on the way out, anybody have any ideas or possible things im

overlooking. low pressure fuel system is showing 60 + psi under load after secondary fuel filter.

FRP IS SHOWING .29-.30 VOLTS - 58 PSI KOEO. COMPARED TO ANOTHER TRUCK, IT IS SLIGHTLY SLOWER TO BUILD FRP.

I DID NOTICE ISSUE IS MORE NOTICABLE WITH ENGINE WARM. RECHECKED TORQUE ON PCV.

Last time I had a p0087 was because their was Small metal flakes in the high pressure fuel system. There was no visible metal flakes on the pcv or vcv. But when I took a sample from the left rail on the return line in a black cap I found the metal flakes.

I had one that had the PCV replaced at another dealer and would intermittently set P0087, All tests passed. Ended up replacing the entire left fuel rail and it hasn't set since. Something about a valve in the rail that can cause issues.

I'm going to remove return line again and recheck for metal and if I don't find anything I will replace the rail first before I condemn the

pump. like I said I found nothing on the vcv, I would think if the system had metal in it I would see something. I did see other posts

about the rail causing similar issues. Anyway I will throw one in and see what I find. 

Just found out mine is coming back with MIL on. If it's a P0087 again I will post findings.

Update: Was a reductant tank heater code.  :whew: Retail. :partay:

Well it needs high pressure fuel system. Pulled return line off of the left rail and its full of metal. Its odd that nothing showed up on

the pcv or vcv. I'm wondering if this is going to be the case with the cp4 pumps. Truck has extensive maintenance record, all ford

filters its whole life and didn't find any evidence of contamination or rust. I did read somewhere that the cp4 is not as reliable as the cp3.

Who knows. Thanks for everybody helpin out

• Like 1