WIF light on

Rate this topic

I have had two LCF's in the last few months come in with WIF lights on due to bad sensors ( you can trigger the light on/off with a paperclip in the harness) the suck part is that the sensor is part of the HFCM so you have to replace the entire thing $380.00CAN in order to have the light function properly. anyone else see any of these? 

the parts department has told me that the WIF sensor is part of the housing and cannot be serviced separately. it is not identical to a 6.0 HFCM as the 6.0 has the sensor on a plate that can be removed and replaced, but the LCF is right into the casting of the housing.

yup so I ended up doing the customer a solid and just telling him I would unplug the sensor and the light would stay off but that he must be aware of this and make sure to change his fuel filters ever 25K as to not run into any issues and he was more than pleased with this. plus he services it with us and has always kept up with his maintenance.

Ditto on above sentiments, and the owner will stab you in the back over it:  "The f'ing mechanic at the dealer unplugged the sensor", which could even lead to legal action against the dealer. Did you have him sign a paper requesting the sensor be unplugged?

Our legal world is ridiculous and court rulings are always biased towards the consumer and against the merchant. If he got a load of wet fuel, lost his injectors (and maybe an engine), took you to court, your dealer would be fixing it for free.

I have two close friends that are attorneys, and they will agree that there are too many fucking lawyers in this world.

Watch your back and CYA, 'cause nobody else will.

:(

I assume that 25k recommendation is in Kilometers correct? not miles?

I agree with the above as well. I would not have unplugged it to turn is light off. If he delined the repair so be it but I would have left it the way it rolled into the shop. Let the customer unplug it himself so the monkey is on his back and not yours.