Turning Off MyKey

Rate this topic

I had a 14 Fusion that we just sold that had MyKey turned on with the only key we had. We have another key on order, but the guy wanted the MyKey turned off today. I could not find anyway to turn it off without a second key. Nor could I find much literature on it in the shop manual. Anyone happen to know where it is in the shop manual, or if there even is any? Has anyone ever found a way to reset a key to a master key with only having one key?

You will need the second key. There is no other way. We had a customer that thought it would be funny to MyKey his wife's key, she wasn't impressed so she MyKey'd his key. They had to bring it in with both keys and pay to get the keys reset.

How did they get both keys turned into mykeys?

It can be done. You don't need an admin key to create a Mykey. You only need it to clear them. If the vehicle has an Ford approved remote start that hasn't been Mykeyed, you can use that as the admin to clear the Mykeys. These guys had no remote start.

I thought the owners manual said that you needed to have one admin key at all times.

So did I. So I went right to the Ford site a checked the latest online owners manual and it states that it is possible. 

• 3 weeks later...