Regular cab lift.

Rate this topic

They cost us about $300. We have a guy here who has a friend that owns a machine shop, so it was mostly the cost of the metal, supplies, and a bit of labor. I strapped the rear of the brackets to both door strickers and for safety I strapped the cab to the frame once it was up. I would have liked the pins off center to counter the slight tilt, but the builder didn't think it was a good idea. 

I'm wondering if a set of current screw type rack adapters could be modified to work but with those you'd have a little adjustability.

No hassle except the cutting and welding. I am going to see if you can buy them separately.

The owner is going to talk to the builder to see if we can get another set of pins welded on in a better position to get the cab to sit more level. Will update with the answer.

How about getting the pins set in an adjustable track or something so you can lift multiple cab cofigurations? super crews will have a diff center of gravity form a reg cab etc....

My new coworker of mine built a set of these. As impressed as I was with this, I was equally leery about it. That is a lot of weight to have teetering on two points. Definitely trick though!

003.JPG

004.JPG

I gave it a good rocking when it was about 6 inches off the front mounts, I was happy with the stability, Would prefer to have 4 points, but sometimes that's not an option. If the pins were aligned with the cab's center of gravity it would lift more level. Truck is done and out the door now so it was a success. Was doing an oil cooler BTW.