DEF filler neck hose?

Rate this topic

Matt Saunoras

I've got a cab and chassis 6.7 here that has some dirt in the DEF tank from the hose coming off the filler neck inlet. The hose they are using now is non-OEM and appears to be generic clear rubber heater hose. I'm not sure if this hose is DEF compatible and I would prefer to change it along with all the other components I'm replacing.

I'm not sure what grade hose is DEF approved but I found both Gates and Goodyear make specific hose for the application. Anyone have any insight or know where to locate it? I'm going to start calling around but I'm certain I'll have trouble finding what I want.

Also it looks to be 1" inside diameter. Anyone know if that's correct?

I ordered the "expansion kit" which shows up in the illustration for the DEF components and it came with a piece of filler hose about 40" long.  I need a hose about 5ft in length so that's going back.

I did find another SVE bulletin about relocating a 2011 cab and chassis tank from the right outside framerail to the left inside.  I don't remember seeing any cab and chassis trucks with a tank on the right side but it's been 5 years or so since they did this.  The diagram shows the DEF filler hose going from the right outside of the frame, straight across the truck all the way to the left side.  That would be one long hose if that's the case so I ordered one and we'll see tomorrow what it comes in looking like.

No dice.  The early 11 cab and chassis hose is thin rigid plastic, won't bend without a kink.

Called a body builder and they said any reinforced EPDM non metallic hose will work fine.  I believe the ID is 1" but I can't be sure, everything I measure comes out slightly smaller.