Adding TBC 2011 and Newer

Rate this topic

I thought this was a bulletin. Thought I read it in the WSM. Okay, I an mot sure at all, but I thought so. Can Integrated Trailer Brake Control be added to 2011 and newer Super Doooodies? I cant find any documentation on it.

ON EDIT I FOUND THIS:44738 2014-2015 F-Super Duty - Parts Available For Dealer Installation Of Towcommand System

TO INSTALL A TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER (TBC) ON A 2014-2015 F-SUPER DUTY THAT WAS NOT ORIGINALLY EQUIPPED FROM THE FACTORY, ORDER A TBC MODULE FC3Z-2C006-B, ANDAN INSTRUMENT PANEL (IP) BIN (8C3Z-2513546-CA). NOTE: THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER MUST ALSO BE PROGRAMMED USING IDS SOFTWARE RELEASE 82.01 OR HIGHER. REFERENCE PTS ON-LINE WEB-PAGE TABS FOR WORK SHOP MANUAL SECTION (WSM)206-10, ACCESSORY INSTALLATION AND/OR IDS SCREENS TO ENABLE TBC FUNCTIONS. SERVICE TIPS: REPLACEMENT OF THE MASTER CYLINDER IS NOT REQUIRED ON SINGLE REAR WHEEL DRIVE UNITS (SRW)(UNLIKE 2005-2010 F-SUPER DUTY MODEL YEARS),ONLY DUAL REAR WHEEL (DRW) CHASSIS CAB UNITS INCLUDE A PRESSURE TRANSDUCER BELOW THE MASTER CYLINDER, AND TBC MODULE CONNECTORS ARE LOCATED BEHIND OR UNDERNEATH THE INSTRUMENT PANEL RADIO BEZEL WHERE TBC IP BIN IS INSTALLED.

EFFECTIVE DATE: 24-SEPTEMBER-2014

for starters, i have no idea why somebody would order a super duty lacking the integrated tbc controller. that being said ...

- the aftermarket units are simple to install any anybody frying the BCM or causing grief with the HS CAN needs to slowly step away from the truck

- the integrated units are much, much nicer than the aftermarket (especially the timer based types) .... they provide smooth, consistent braking in-line with the pressure transducer on the master cyl (where applicable), as well as having a much cleaner installation appearance

• 1 month later...