ESP Prior Approval

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

I wonder if you could push it out into the back of the parking lot and let it rot until it's eligible for lemon law. Then Ford can waste their time and money getting it resolved. I know, I know. That is neither responsible or the right thing to but this kind of aggravation leads to these kinds of thoughts. Our 4+ week Explorer waited another 4 days after being told they were sending an adjuster out... then the phone rings and it's magically approved. WTF?

• 7 months later...

Apparently the word of a Ford factory trained master technician means squat when compared to someone that is just looking a picture.  :banghead:

They also tried to tell us that the cylinder heads for a 6.7L diesel engine come with lifters and rockers already installed...... :crazy:

Update: After doing 2 cost caps, both resulting in a REPLACE decision, by their request, they still asked "Wouldn't a short block and two cylinder heads be more cost effective?" After explaining, for the second time, the engine failure, resulting damage and the fact that lifters, push rods and rocker arms don't come with the cylinder heads, it's now in management review. What's really funny is that I already have the new long block in chassis and should be running today.