Prius

Rate this topic

ktmlew

There are Prius batteries available for $1300 range. I think these are Dorman ones for that amount. There are "rebuilt" ones for $800 range.

What year model?

It may be worth looking at if the 12v battery can power up the car, and scan it.

If it's a higher mileage Prius the ICE may be dead.  They have major oil consumption issues over 100k. I've seen 3 that'll go through 5 to 10 quarts in 5000 miles.  Those three had between 160 and 240k on them.  Still with original HV batteries.

Unless you can get it to power up, even if it won't go "ready" it's hard to say. 

I'd never own one, they are the absolute most miserable vehicles to drive, handle poorly, ride buckboard and with all the ICE/electric drive shifting going on and the awful CVT, I get sea sick. 

WTF!!!! Toyotas are perfect.   ROFLMAO!

What Fred said. HV battery on that one should still be useable. 

If you buy this you do know it can be driven in the RH lane? Contrary to what many believe you are not obligated to drive under the posted speed in the left lane in a Prius.

And, yes, they can actually accelerate faster than 10 mph per half mile. 

I so wish for an old beater truck with a push bumper to shove those "hypermiler" morons along, move at least at the speed limit.  UGH.