Glow Plug Relay Hardware

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

Here's a good one for our resident parts guru: 7.3L glow plug relay terminal hardware, nuts and conical washers, once upon a time came with a new relay. This stopped a long time ago and I have from time to time needed new washers and nuts because they burn and corrode or I lose them. I would love to have some in stock being that we are into relay and battery season... yes, I realize that a standard 5/15" nut from the hardware bin works just dandy...

Is there a hardware kit or part number for the nuts and washers?

The old relay DY860 F7tz-12B533-CA came with the little pigtail and the nuts. The newer DY861 F81Z-12B533-AC comes without. The glow plug relay is the same apparantly. We stock both. If you need the hardware, use the older number and just toss the pigtail.

Nah... that's not going to have the 5/16 washers and nuts. It only has the jumper harness and the two small nuts that attach it to the relay. The real prize I am after here is the two conical washers with the slotted surfaces that keep the nuts from loosening and backing off.

Okay, we are definitely on the same page as to what I am looking for but to remove all doubt I took a picture. I found one wayyyyyy deep in the bottom of my junk bucket and cleaned it up a little. All of the relay boxes I open have no 5/16" washers or nuts. NONE OF THEM. I will add the part number of the one's I am installing to this post in the morning.

Posted Image

The relays I have been using for like the last 10 years have been

F81Z-12B533_AC

Motorcraft # DY-861

These have never come with the washers and nuts. At least the ones I get don't! Maybe it's a conspiracy! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

Okay, mystery solved. The F7TZ-12B533-CA only comes up if you look up a 12B533 for a 94/96 truck. I rarely ever see trucks that old anymore and we don't stock that relay because we have always gotten by with the F81C-12B533-AC. After a conversation with my parts asst manager we are going to stock the older one instead. Hey, if I don't need the jumper, I can just throw it away.

Sorry I dragged this on and thanx for the help! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif