Restoring Modified Vehicles

Rate this topic

Has any one here returned a 6.7L truck back to stock? I have one that is missing the entire aftertreatment system and EGR system Who knows what else...

Just curious as to that the cost would be. So far I have been able to get truck owners to restore their vehicles to stock themselves. Just wondering.

Our dealer took such a thing in on trade with a junk engine. We ended up buying a totaled vehicle from an insurance auction to use as a donor for everything we needed. Cost of the totaled donor vehicle was around $7,000. Plus a whole ton of labor.

I hate to say it but we do some deletes here. Funny thing is that most of them don't want the old systems back, even when we explain that with it back to stock, it will be easier to sell the truck when they are done with it. I had a complete EGR cooler/valve with all the pipes sitting under my bench for 5 months, because the customer was supposed to come get it, that ended up in the scrap metal bin. A few new trucks go out with deletes and all the stuff taken off ends up in scrap bin. 

• Like 1

Depends on the year of truck, 13's and up have more sensors and modules to reinstall.

A few new trucks go out with deletes and all the stuff taken off ends up in scrap bin. 

I have been told the scrap metal place here pays you $500 for scr exhaust systems.

I hate to say it but we do some deletes here. Funny thing is that most of them don't want the old systems back, even when we explain that with it back to stock, it will be easier to sell the truck when they are done with it. I had a complete EGR cooler/valve with all the pipes sitting under my bench for 5 months, because the customer was supposed to come get it, that ended up in the scrap metal bin. A few new trucks go out with deletes and all the stuff taken off ends up in scrap bin. 

All I can say is WOW!