P0088 customer complaint of stalls. 2009 F550 picker truck.

Rate this topic

I know there are a lot of topics on this code. This particular truck has an alleged stalling that I haven't confirmed yet, there is a story behind that which I will elaborate on later. The PCM hasn't been updated in awhile, so I updated it. Next is the road test to see if the P0088 returns. Question is: has anyone experienced a stalling on acceleration associated with this code? I am leaning towards an FRP sensor issue myself, but have yet to confirm it, acts normal in bay.  Now for my second story: The tow truck driver buggered the pinion flange, so I have to replace it in order to hook up the drive shaft before I can road test this beast. Problem is I am having one hell of a time getting the nut off. The fun never ends around here.

I have a pinion flange holding tool I made that basically boxes the flange and either wedges on the spring or on the floor, it works very well for s110/s130. I think there's a pic in the gallery if you care to look. That nut is 800+ lb/ft of torque and I need my 3/4" ratchet with a cheater to loosen it. A good 3/4" impact will do it too.

Edit - here's a pic, the top one works for the rectangular flange. The overall length is about 36" iirc

image.jpg

After getting a few other techs involved we decided to try and fix the hole. Worked out pretty good and every one's happy. Will update when I figure out the issue with the stalling.