6.4 Boost Spec

Rate this topic

Not sure if I am correctly reading the OBDII theory and op for a 2013 6.7 but it looks like anything over 43 will set a P0234. Now I am not sure if this is manifold absolute pressure or gauge pressure

2010 6.4 P0234 The DTC is set and the wrench light is illuminated when the manifold gauge pressure (MGP) exceeds 245 kPa (35.5 psi).

While on the topic of boost specs....Yesterday I looked at a 2008 F350, customer complaint of frequent regen. DPF was part loaded, pressure was 0.16 at idle and 1.6 at WOT. Request pid was .5 KM LOWER than complete pid which tells me it completed a regen event then went right back into another, 46KM ago. Road tested it and regen stayed inactive. All reading normal. Back in the shop it keeps setting P2263 KOER, on the road test this thing performs like a beast. 38 PSI and pulls smooth. Found a slightly plugged EBP sensor and tube, slightly sludged up MAP sensor, the MAF was oily, probably because the air filter was clogged up pretty good. Replaced the air filter and cleaned up all the sensors. Checked crankcase pressure just for giggles, 8" water, spec is 10", close but with 280,000 KM I am not surprised, very little idle time, engine hours convert to 285,000 KM. Road tested it after and couldn't feel any difference, KOER still sets P2263, I had the turbos off this thing back in December, I know they are good. 

Long story short..has anyone else run into this code and not find a reason for it being set? As I said, this thing is a beast on the road, given mileage and load on the truck, and it's stock to boot.

I didn't mention the code to the customer, just the messy sensors causing the regen issue. This isn't the first one that had me baffled.

I did have one that set p2263 KOER but drove okay and didn't set any actual cel. Had to let it go at the time but a few months later the high pressure turbo let loose. I think I made a thread about it