Scatterd CATS

Rate this topic

Scott B

It was a Bad week for C-12 CATS at work.Both of these tk threw rods out the Block.Sorry No picks.Some serious carnage though.The one was definately driver related.Plugged into it Checked out the recorded events.The engine redline is 2150 this one recorded 2950 before it blew!!.The guy was going down a Hill loaded and Let it push over the govenor and it let go.He HAD warranty coverage, But the Overspeed did that in, Denied repair.The other one dropped a valve first split the Piston in half.Kept running it breifly, the wrist pin boss of the Piston ripped out.The rod caught the bottom of the liner busted the rod top off along with the bottom of the liner.Then whipped around chunking the block open on both sides.Man what a mess.But lucky for him he has extended warranty and will get a Reman Eng.Both of them were Pete Tri-axle Coal tks

Wierd how that stuff comes in spurts. We went two months at our shop without doing a c-12 head gasket and this week I did 2 of em. I have seen that before several times. I had one one time we had to cut the piston and rod out of it with the torch to get the liner out. Believe it or not the block was ok. Overhauled it and it is still running.