HS-CAN Faults

Rate this topic

2011 and newer Super Duty trucks - anyone seeing intermittent network faults narrowed down to the hash harness near the parking brake? Connector C212 to be exact. This is the infamous "I set and released the parking brake and then the truck started" problem with dash lights lit up. I performed a wiggle test with the network monitor going and duplicated the concern at will. Requires a light touch in that area to do so and I think being aggressive merely causes the fault to go away. Opened up the harness and found nothing of interest. Decided to assume a possible pin fit issue at the connector... unfortunately I did not test feel the pin before tweaking the terminals a little. I wrapped it all up and secured the harness, cleared all the network codes and so far... so good.

I have seen a few of these before but was never able to pin it down. (pardon the pun)

Anyone?  :scratch:

I have had one particular truck with this exact issue that set every network fault in memory come in on the hook three such times, for me to be unable to duplicate. Once on my doorstep, the truck starts and runs without issue. I have read through several such hotline contacts as well for a similar concern.