12mmX1.00 Flare Plug?

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

Having trouble finding a flare plug that is 12mmX1.00 - male flare like the fitting shown below. Starting to think this does not exist. Anyone have any good sources? Since this is a brake application it seems it would be best if this port was sealed at the flare and not with the threads or is that acceptable? Brakes, makes me a little paranoid.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I pretty sure I have gotten mm to standard adapters before. I also seem to remember getting an adapter once that I refushed to use, I don't remember if they sent a different adapter or I used a diffent method.

I got a buddy who may be able to get it. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

I want to PLUG the top port of the brake valve pictured above. Even a bleeder would work but I can only find one of those in 10mmX1.00 which id close but no cigar. There are plenty of adapters out there with thins thread size but then I still have to deal with whatever I adapt to.

• 3 weeks later...

My guy didn't find anything. My suggestion would be to adapt it to standard 3/16 line thread and then plug it. The tiny bit of air that gets trapped should have no effect on the pedal. Plus it will eventually work it's way out.

I am sorry fellas - That is what I ended up doing. First of all, an M12x1 anything related to fittings is uncommon and adding that it is a bubble flare even more so. There are the adapters, which change it to a 3/8 flare fitting and a few other things. I chose the 3/8 plug. I suggested filling the plug with brake fluid and maybe that will stay in there statically but I am not holding my breath. We can crack the plug to purge most of the air.

brakeBlockFittings.jpg