Mercury Milan no brakes

Rate this topic

Car was towed to our shop from another shop. They replaced booster with junkyard part. Our B tech replaced master cylinder twice one aftermarket other Motorcraft. Then it got kicked to me. Tried pressure bleed, ABS bleed, stroking e-brake 50 times, couple of voodoo dolls. Replaced HCU with junkyard part. Swapped modules so it's original. Still NO PEDAL! I hate swapping used parts but that is what boss wants done. Have good fluid flow to LF & RR and just a dribble to others so one side of MC/system isn't flowing properly. Do you guys find pressure or vacuum to work best to get air out of this stupid design? I believe same system as Fusion?

Got burned on one by abs module and another guy at work got burnt by stuck caliper pins and also if I remember right you have to have 20 or 30 psi to bleed

Cap the fittings at the MC and make sure the pedal is rock hard- zero movement.  Cap the lines coming out of the HCU or somewhere in between to isolate where the air is. Sometimes I've had to 'thumb bleed" it halfway back on a long line to get a big bubble out.

Good Luck!

:grin:

• Like 1

Cap the fittings at the MC and make sure the pedal is rock hard- zero movement.  Cap the lines coming out of the HCU or somewhere in between to isolate where the air is. Sometimes I've had to 'thumb bleed" it halfway back on a long line to get a big bubble out.

Good Luck!

:grin:

This was my plan. Only good thing about getting used part was had lines cut off so can use tham as plugs.

Day off today. Will update with accurate engine size and options plus model year. i think it's a 2011. Too many cars...

Got burned on one by abs module and another guy at work got burnt by stuck caliper pins and also if I remember right you have to have 20 or 30 psi to bleed

Ford spec is 30-50 psi. I did it first time at 30ish second at 40. Will hit it again tomorrow.

• Like 1

Pressure bleeder set to 40 psi. Loosened lines at MC one at a time until good flow. Repeated at all lines at HCU. Ran ABS bleed. FULL PEDAL! For about 10 minutes. Came back to check on it and no pedal. Had other stuff to do...si came back after lunch. Rinse/repeat only kept doing it all over and over. Finally got a ton of air to come out at front calipers. FIXED! Thanks for the suggestions. Apparently just takes a lot of bleeding to get all aur out if HCU.