Child car seat anchor kit?

Rate this topic

Hey guys, I just finished putting together a 97 350. It's about to get on the road and realiazed there are no anchors for a child seat. Did some googling and found that at one point, Ford installed kits to take care of this. As far as I can tell the kit was E5TZ 15613D20-A. Some people say that Ford installed free of charge under campaign rc7. My question is, is there truth to this? I am going to call my local dealer and see if that part number is still available. I figured I'd dig up an old topic for everyone. Thanks guys. FYI it's a 97 350 reg cab bench seat. If that helps. Thanks again gentlemen.

All Ford Motor Company vehicles beginning with 2001 model year onwards (and now sixteen model years old), already come equipped with child seat tether anchors. Are there that many that are driving vehicles that are sixteen model years old, or older?

Yeah this truck was never ment to be a full time rig but some unfortunate events have led to it being daily driven. I stoped in at my local dealer and the advisor was absolutely no help. Could not find any info on the campaign. Was told to go to parts and find the kit. Total price for kit is 73 bucks. Have not gone any further with it yet. Have to do some more digging and see if ford can perform free of charge. It would be nice anyway. Spent a dollars and cents on this project as is. I've counted all the donor parts and come up to 8 different obs trucks lending parts to it.

We have a little more class than the "dukes of hazard" from your neck of the woods. Hahaha thanks everyone for the help. I'll keep you posted on the outcome. But I'm sure not everyone is driving 16 year old obs trucks.