2007 Fusion broken idler bolt

Rate this topic

8WA Sman

I've got a 2007 Fusion 2.3L that broke the idler pulley bolt about 33,000 miles ago. At that time I replaced the belt,tensioner and the idler pulley with OE/Updated parts. I checked all the pulleys today,none of them seem to be locked up and the mounting boss seems to be fine. I see some complaints on the internet about this problem on the Ford side and the Mazda versions also. Anybody got any ideas besides just replacing the idler and moving on with life???

Well I guess time will tell...2 broken bolts on the same car seems like more then a coincidence to me but I tend to over think stuff :crazy:

I did discount the R.O. 1 hr. because I felt it should have lasted longer then 30K.

Oh. 2 broken bolts. I don't think anyone here understood that.

You don't have an a/c compressor starting to fail do you?

I sure could not prove the a/c compressor to be failing..no hot looking clutch or noise on engagement.

• 4 months later...

I've got an 07 with a 2.3L here that keeps throwing belts off.  It was squealing real bad the other day so the tech replaced it with a napa belt. Ever since then it's thrown it off 3 times.  Can't see anything wrong yet, going to try an OEM belt

I've got an 07 with a 2.3L here that keeps throwing belts off.  It was squealing real bad the other day so the tech replaced it with a napa belt. Ever since then it's thrown it off 3 times.  Can't see anything wrong yet, going to try an OEM belt

Replace the tensioner.

I did put a tensioner on it.  When I went to take the napa belt off and put a ford one on I noticed the tensioner didn't rotate in a straight line with the pulleys.  That seemed suspicious to me so I left the napa belt on and put a tensioner on it.  We drove it quite a bit today and released it back to the customer.