Another p1211 01 F450

Rate this topic

Here is the rundown... Truck will set intermittent p1211 under wot going uphill. Checked oil level and found 1 quart low but didn't look too bad. Had old style icp sensor full of oil, replaced sensor, connector and changed oil and drove - same issue. Fuel pressure is 75-80 psi at the pump, 65-70 psi at left head under wot and 35-70 psi at right head( the gauge is bouncing badly). Checked inlet restriction, close to 10, cleaned screens and drove, sets code. While driving, ipr duty cycle maxing out at 65%, swapped with know good ipr and still sets code. Blocked off each head and have identical ipr duty cycle at hot idle. Base oil pressure is 22psi hot idle and 45 psi wot. Threw high pressure oil pump and new ipr due to age and still sets code :banghead:. Ran with valve covers off and did not see any leaks, ran KOER self test with valve covers off and watched for leaks when icp commanded high and didn't see anyghing. Removed injectors on right bank and did not see anything obvious, the injectors for cylinders 5 and 7 were black on fuel inlet portion of the injector bodies. Replaced the O-rings on all four injectors and drove, still sets code. Cylinder 3 sets code on contribution test every time, could I have an injector leaking at high icp? I was going to replace injector but I don't trust contribution test, I was thinking it may be causing the fuel pressure to fluctuate on that bank at wot and I don't have a kill box. Any thoughts?

You could try swapping the fuel check valves side to side, see if the erratic reading moves to the other bank. They are the little fitting that the line attaches to at each head. If that is your issue you may also want to make sure the filter housing is clean too. 

It's not chipped by chance? I have seen chips do this too.

Well, ended up running truck hard to get it noce and hot. Pulled valve covers and put 12 volts to ipr and cranked. Number 8 was dumping big time out of oil exhaust port. Replaced injector and all is well.

• Like 2