Ridin' the pig.. I mean hog..

Rate this topic

Jim Warman

Well, after all these years, I finally had the opportunity to buy some leather. A bunch of Lesbianese guys came to town with cheap leather goods (made in Pakistan and other third world countries but fit and finish looks good).

TGITNB (the guy in the next bay) is going to have a field day with this since, in his words, I bought a pair of leather pants with no bum. I am going to get ribbed for this.... Especially after the remarks I made about his knee pads

Last time I looked, we were pushing towards 800 members... yet some days this place is as quiet as a mausoleum... C'mon ya buncha deadbeats.. post something... tell us about yourselves, what you do, who you are.... Better yet, tell us that dirty little secret you don't want your co-workers to know about... we wont repeat it.... honest....

This is a great venue.... Henry ain't looking over your shoulder, you wont get called a PFB simply because you are making decent money and you don't have to put up with dimwit questions from folks who shouldn't be allowed to lift their hoods....

I forgot... this is my Christmas present from 2003.... In the early 70s, I sold my 58 Triumph 500 to buy an engagement ring and proudly announced that "payback is a bitch, sweetie"... This pic http://tinyurl.com/kc22g is labelled as "fat old fart on a Harley"...

Quote:
Last time I looked, we were pushing towards 800 members... yet some days this place is as quiet as a mausoleum... C'mon ya buncha deadbeats.. post something... tell us about yourselves, what you do, who you are.... Better yet, tell us that dirty little secret you don't want your co-workers to know about... we wont repeat it.... honest....

This is a great venue.... Henry ain't looking over your shoulder, you wont get called a PFB simply because you are making decent money and you don't have to put up with dimwit questions from folks who shouldn't be allowed to lift their hoods....
Jim, that number represents the number of people that have registered but only about a 1/4 have been approved and given access. Remember, I screen every registration. I suppose a "few" sneaky individuals snuck in under the radar but by and large this is a professional community. Did you know that Bill Ford registered? Sure did! And he used his "hotmail" address too! DECLINED. I am sure the real Bill Ford would have no interest or time for this web site and if he did his e-mail address would have been an "@ford.com" address. Posted Image

It does get quiet around here but that is better than what goes on with every other web site AND that is the objective here. Give it time. If we invite a co-worker or make mention of the site while at training we will slowly continue to grow.

I will admit though, I see many users visit regularly but they never interact. If that is their preference, so be it. There are lurkers on every forum. But it does help to add an opinion or even dispute something you think is wrong - nobody knows it all! We can ALL learn from each other and that goes for the Techs, Managers, Engineers, Training Engineers, parts people, sales people, FACTORY WORKERS, guests from the Military and manufacturer suppliers that have joined us.

I'll bet you all didn't know just how diverse this group is! Did ya? Posted Image

Jim, I know a lot of guys that sold thier bikes for a ring or to scrape up a down payment on a house. All of them now ride a much nicer bike than the ones they sold. Posted Image

Doc, this site isnt that slow. if you take away all of the BS posts and aftermarket crap on all of the other web sites they would all be no different.

FACTORY WORKERS? Is there anybody here that builds Super Dutys?