2013+ Escape Charcoal Canister

Rate this topic

YukonTyler

Not sure how many of y'all are replacing these, but I'm seeing quite a few coming in with FTP reading full vacuum which fails to bleed up via the purge (koeo) or the vent. Canisters are plugged solid.

Pull the three nuts for the canister first. Then instead of dropping the rear prop shaft and the tank, pull four bolts for the rear sub frame and the bolt for the bottom of each shock absorber. Lower the cradle on a tranny jack and have at it.

Takes ~45 minutes which sure beats pulling the shaft, tank and heat shield for access. I claim 12650D 12650DX1 12650D45 12650D81, 9002A to drop the tank and MT 0.3 for base 9D653, total 4.3.

What are the symptoms for these? Are they turning on the MIL?

My 2013 has had a thumping noise coming from the tank for quite awhile, No DTC's or other dirveability issues. It only happens when I open a door with the key off, Odd I know but the system turns the pump on when the interior light circuit is energized in anticipation of a start-up. I have no fuel pressure issues and no evap issues. Plus it gets worse as ambient temp increases.

Yes to the MIL .... P0451 most commonly.

I'm yet to see one cause audible complaints. Any chance you have a faulty tank vent? When it's thumping will the noise subside when the easy fuel lid is opened to vent the tank?