Repeat Rocker arm clips failure

Rate this topic

2007 E350 with 6.0 diesel...258k miles

Swamped with work, Boss send this van to other shop, they did engine swap. 91k miles on different engine.
Shop got motor running, ran crappy, they diag and says rocker arm clips broke on cyl 7, recommended replaced all of them.
Replaced all of them, got motor running, broke few of them again....

I say they installed incorrectly but they insist all clips are install correctly....
If they say is correct, I am suspecting missing or worn rocker arm tip, wiped cam, damage lifters or stuck valves.

Most likely that van will be towed back to me this week......any ideas so I can prepared for...

.......FYI...am not looking forward to do this job.....I'm 1 of 2 men shop...over 10 E series and F series waiting to be check out.

The sole function of the clip is to keep the rocker arm assembly together during installation, After that it just goes along for the ride. The only thing that can cause them to break is incorrect installation(which isn't a big deal if there are no other issues, I have released many a 6L with out putting the clips on) or play in the rocker somewhere. The 6L is more prone to camshaft or roller lifter failures, or sticky valves. Rocker tip failures are rare.